People complained that the old craigslist ads expired. So here is an archive of the original CL posts, perserved for all eternity.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Commentary or Personal add, you choose. Vol II - 35

Reply to: pers-189109240@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-08-02, 12:01AM EDT


Ok, Its' tuesday.


I just feed and walked the dog. I guess I could start a blog but that seems even more ludicrous then just writing for mine and yours enjoyment. Which by the way, I want to thank the four girls who guessed "commentary", especially the girl who told me go read a book. I have no idea why I would single her out and there are no favorites here kiddies. Everyone here is the same. Well ok, some have bigger or smaller chest, wider hips, bigger toes, and longer fingers, longer hair, or brighter lipstick. But we are not singling anyone out here. Wait a minute, Lets single out my soon-to-be-former roommate. This should be a lesson to any woman reading, to what kind of woman a man does not want unless he is BLIND, DEAF, RETARDED, and in a coma with an occasional erection.

My roomate, Kristen ( name not changed to protect you, the reader) This does not mean all kristen's are this way - Just this one.

Kristen, has firm beliefs in she is without question, self admitted- a "goodie-goodie" athough she will lie, cheat and steal, and break the law to retain that appearance. She loves drama, she thrives on being the center of attention. And her last comical character attribute is the inate ability to TALK louder, longer and with the most disregard for anyone else ability to speak then any one person can or should. I actually believe that she spent hours in the bathroom as a child attemtping to recite the Gettysburg address in one breath or drown out the neighborhood fire truck sirens. Shamefully I cannot muster enough courage to ask her that. nor would i get the oppertunity to even complete the sentence before being cut off..

Anyway, Kristen come complete with baggage. Serious baggage, the kind of baggage that Skyway porters at the airport run away from. They have that sense that not only is that person not going to tip, but they are going to end up in traction at the end.

Not only was kristen divorced in less then a year. Because her husband who she had never met before, though married, duped her into the "green card" scam. Years before she also was a victim of a bad relationship. To hear Kristen tell the tale, she was tied the front porch with chains and every once in while she was able to get her hands on a slice of bread from the overbearing, mean, cruel, abusive relationship partner. However, as much as she would like to embellish that story a little more every time it is told, she is always the one who was the "babe in the woods". Please keep in mind she was the "babe in the woods" for a lenght of 6 years. That story I have heard three times and each time it's told it changes. The first time, I heard it I had known her about a total of 5 minutes, when she was the new roommate. You can't help feel sorry for her.
truly I also think that is "hook" to a man. She will read your expressions and facial reactions to how you react. Yes, I might admit I played along, -- I acted aghast at the right times and then other times shown great sympathy. I left her thinking she just had played me like a fiddle. Which that actually does work out quite well in some cases when other things should happen with these types of people.

And that is the point of todays "commentary or personal add". I am sure there are plenty of Kristens around. Which is a seriously frightening thought, at least from my point of view. -- And this is my point of view. I ASKED if she MIGHT have bumped into my car, and left a few chips of white paint on it. (which my car is black and her's white and mine rarely moves cause I take the metro - and even more so I just finished waxing by hand the day before that).. She freaked out, and started a whole drama on it. I mean it was insane, scary insane the lenght that this person went to to prove her innocence. Really rather humourous now, but absolutely insane. Where if she could just simply been of the normalicy and heard the words, " I just wanted you to know that it occured" over her yelling, she may not have ended up looking so foolish to many people. In hindsight, that was one of those times when a person should simply laugh in anothers face. Anyway- I was yelled at, she would ask a question, I would start a answer, and cut off and yelled at some more. She tracked down the former owners, and preoceed to make grandious lie, over grandious lie, over pretty much nothing. I didnt even care she ran into the car with her car. Big deal, its a car. Those types things happen. At least to "normal" people those type of things happen. To her, she was doing an injustice to the world and herself, that she didn't do everything she could to remain that "goodie-gooide" mentality that she beleive everyone views her at. I simply would have liked her to look at her car - to make sure there was no damage or simple say - "heck sorry" - but Drqama was the name of the game for her. My car, "Pfffftt". And I meant that from the bottom of Pffffft-ing heart.. When she didnt get her expected result of feeding into her anger and drama and what she got was me retuirning to my room and ignoring her.-- The next day she then proceeed to open my mail and write me email telling me she "saw" it had been opened. Sometimes, being kind is a really quite over rated. Although, itd doesn't matter, I have about a week to live here then I am moving ( with no forwarding address)

I think the part she doesn't grasp is that people know and see it as "strange" behavior. That People rather then view her as this "champion do gooder" thing she has her self imortalized as, she cannot see the harm it causes herself. Of that occurance of the six people I spoke with all six is viewed and expressed the same words, "pity and sympathy". ( strangley enough she has a boyfriend "kevin" --a nice guy -- but totally blinded by the fact -- that he is getting laid on a regular basis- ) Which some men are like that. the magically pussy power- Personally, I don't know one magical pussy, nor have I ever seen one. Although I have seen one once that looked oddly enough like the virgin mary.. but that is another commentary or personal add..

So, where is the counter balance to Krtisten in the Men department- We could say its the "abusive" type. However, I really am drawn to a split decsion on that one - usually there is substance abuse involved and or takes two to tango- very rarely( but it does happen ) where the man is 100% to blame. So who knows? not I.

Otherwise, a man comparsion to Kristen would be probably the "obnoxious" male. Who has no inner filter. Whos desperate desire to be addressed seriously is overmatched by being a jerk. I am sure most women could compare a male who they have known who is this "male". Although, it is very difficult to think of a male who is drawn to drama, lies to appear as the counter part to the "goodie-goodie"
on the outside while devious on the inside.

Hold the phone, there it is --the "Player". Although the player usually is married and picks a mark. Usually the mark being a unsuspecting woman who only wants to be loved. Regardless of what that "love" is. which sounds alot like "kevin" now that I think about that for a brief moment. Whew! what a moment that was.. So, under the guise of compassion and delicacy of favor the "player" operates the same. Although, like the "kristens" the player is usally found out much later in the realm of dating. Where the true damage is done. Whereas possibly the woman then possibly becomes jaded and takes the heart break out on the next string of men that enter her life.. And YOu Know what?? the cycle continues. .( if you missed what I am talking about go back to the top and reread to this point until it sinks in )

Anyway I am tired, and there has to be something on tv. Thanks for reading and thanks for all the comments. Especially to the Julia's of the world.

I guess in one last bit of cynical resolution. The next date you go on ask a man this question: If I was a bee, would you pluck out my wings and step on me, or would you admire me, knowing that I could sting and cause you pain anytime I desired? IF he would answer honestly - he would pluck out your wings and step on you. ;) If he answered the the second answer: you may want to wonder two things: A) what else would he lie about B) what else is he hiding under the surface. -- and another question to ask you girlfriends -- ask them what colors do they like to see in webpages.. I bet you a tiffany ring-- they say some shade of green and shade of blue..


Still single, still breathing in and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home